Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lazy marketing

I get absurd solicitations pretty frequently with regard to Gongfu Girl, but this most recent one is a classic. The email says:

Hey there,

I'm reaching out to you because [company name] is getting a lot of job leads for kung fu teachers, and I'm looking for another kung fu teacher who is interested in taking on more clients.

After checking out your website I think you are a great fit for [company name] and I'd love to start sending you job leads. Please fill out a few details about your skills and rates, and I'll start forwarding you potential new clients.

If you have any questions about what [company name] can provide, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
[name]

All of the links and names have been removed to protect the guilty party, and to avoid a connection to the actual company involved. My response:

Obviously, you did not in fact "check out" my website or you would not think that I was a Kung Fu teacher. My blog is centered around Gongfu (Kung Fu) Cha, which is a traditional method of preparing and serving Chinese tea.

No comments: